Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 40-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 7,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
As a representative of the Architecture Department, the Architectural Coordinator assists in providing architectural services to the company while striving to provide the best Homeowner Experience. This involves tasks and communication with external parties such as the Architect or Structural Engineer, while also collaborating with the different functional areas of the business such as Marketing, Purchasing, Décor, Finance, Land and/or Construction to enhance the value of the Mattamy brand. Please note that all design work is completed through external architects only. This position reports to the Project Manager of Architecture within the GTE Division.
- Support departmental goals by assisting team members as directed by the Architectural Project Manager.
- Prepare budgets and review quarterly estimated cost to complete reports for each respective community.
- Coordinate, review and revise architectural drawings to ensure documentation complies with both Mattamy standards and OBC requirements for building permit purposes.
- Coordinate the revision process of working drawings, structural revisions, municipal review comments, subcontractor comments and provide updated drawings to the Construction team.
- Verify that architectural working drawings correspond with marketing brochures, forward any discrepancies to the appropriate departments.
- Participate in Value Engineering of new designs.
- Prepare architectural memos, miscellaneous details and/or drawings for our internal staff & external consultants as required.
- Prepare list of lot upgrades based on Mattamy Homes internal guidelines and external Architectural control guidelines and coordinate with architectural firm.
- Conduct site visits to correct or improve information shown on working drawings, review exterior colours and detailing.
- Manage electronic storage and distribution of Architectural drawings, and construction documentation
What You Bring
- Architectural Technology Diploma from a Community College or equivalent.
- 2-4 years construction or architectural experience required with residential construction preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and visually through use of architectural drawing.
- Working knowledge and skills with drawing application programs in particular, AutoCAD (version 2000+).
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Detail-orientated with ability to check documents/drawings for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are completed.
- Proven track-record of adapting to and supporting rapid changes and bringing creative solutions to address identified challenges.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and excellent management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate internal and external stakeholders toward a common goal.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well.
Some of our most recent recognition include:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2020
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2017
At Mattamy Homes, we offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.