Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Urban Strategies is a leading international planning and urban design firm, based in Toronto, Canada. We have over 70 permanent staff from diverse professional backgrounds including architecture, economics, landscape architecture, planning, public administration and the visual arts. This diversity allows us to meaningfully integrate planning and design to evolve and transform communities. Our work occurs at many scales and in many diverse places, and includes the preparation of community and institutional master plans, downtown revitalization strategies, waterfront renewal, development planning and policy plans. We have clients across North America, in the UK, Europe, the Caribbean and Asia. We are located on the top floors of a sunlit, post-and-beam former knitting factory at Queen Street W. and Spadina Ave, in downtown Toronto. We have a strong reputation for great work, great people, and great coffee.
To learn more, visit our website at www.urbanstrategies.com
We are currently looking for an Architectural Design Technician to join our team! The position of Architectural Design Technician requires an educational background in architectural technology/drafting/digital modeling.
Architectural Design Technicians are responsible for working with urban designers, architects, landscape architects and planners to develop and convey elements of the built environment at a variety of scales in urban and rural environments.
Specific tasks will include:
- Compilation and management of digital files to create 2D and 3D graphic materials, including base mapping, digital modeling and gathering relevant research and design precedents.
- Detailed CAD design development and the production of related 2D and 3D graphics materials such as the layout of presentation panels, drafting and refinement of urban design plans and concepts at a variety of scales working in consultation with a design team.
- Production of diagrams or graphic representations conveying design elements or concepts
- Liaise as necessary with suppliers, outsourced printing houses, etc.
- Occasional travel to work assignments outside Toronto.
The position requires proficiency in communication techniques including a solid knowledge of contemporary CAD and graphic software including Photoshop, InDesign, Archicad or similar BIM software, PowerPoint and other drafting, graphic design and layout software. An introduction to and training on software used by the firm will be part of the introduction to the firm for permanent and contract employees.
The ideal candidate should possess good problem-solving skills, creativity and knowledge of information technologies. Successful candidates will assist on a number of design and planning assignments generally in project teams and an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team is essential. To apply please send resume and a PDF portfolio to [email protected]. For more information, please visit our website.