34-TEN is a small architectural practice located in the Avondale neighborhood of Chicago. The firm specializes in residential architecture and commercial interiors. This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and will require working directly with the principal. The ideal candidate is ambitious, passionate about architecture, unafraid to ask questions or take risks, and willing to take on a role outside that of a traditional architect. Tasks associated with marketing, business development, and company identity will also fall in the purview of this position. The Architectural Designer role offers a high potential for professional growth across all aspects of the practice of architecture.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
- The ideal candidate has one to three years of experience in an architectural office/studio.
- Professional and/or Master of Architecture degree from an accredited College required.
- Enrolled in IDP and on the licensure track.
- Experience with construction documents and working drawings is required.
- An impeccable eye for detail and discerning taste.
- Well organized and able to take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Humble enough to ask questions and understand the limits of their experience and skill set.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong graphic presentation skills- primarily the ability to present architecture in a fresh and exciting way.
- Highly proficient in AutoCad, Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- LEED accreditation preferred but not required.