At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking an Architectural Designer I in our New Homes Division!
The Architectural Designer I report to the Senior Architect but takes directions from the Architectural Project Manager as well. The Architectural Designer I is responsible for helping the Architectural Designer II & Lead Architectural Designer in developing and maintaining projects and coordinating with consultants. Maintenance of active projects through picking up and issuing redlines is a job function of the Architectural Designer I.
- Collaborating in the creation of 2D & 3D Rendering of initial concept ideas
- Collaborating in the creation of Bid Sets for Estimating Costs (For Construction cost & Sales Cost)
- Collaborating in the creation of Architectural Permit Set including Ventilation Calculations & Drainage Calculations, Electrical Drawings and Construction Details.
- Assess Energy Compliance of Design with RESchecks or Prescriptive Method
- Assisting in the coordination with the Project Consultants.
- Assisting in the Creation of Permit Sets Issues & County required documentation.
- Assisting in the Architectural Permit Set Creation
- Creation of RESchecks for Energy Compliance
- Creation of Preliminary Marketing Brochures
- Creation of 3D Renderings for opening of Product in the Market
- Creation of approved Color Schemes
- Creation of Custom PPO’s
- Creation of Active Products Redlines
- Creation of Marekting Townhouse Strip Plan.
- Assisting in any other tasks as needed.
- Professional Degree in Architecture or related (Bachelor or Master’s degree required)
- Use of AutoCAD Architecture (Required)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Office)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional (Required)
- Adobe Illustrator (Preferred)
- Google Sketch Up Pro/ VRAY (Preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop (Preferred)
- Review/Coordination of Structural & Mechanical Drawings
- Knowledge of Architectural Design Techniques
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge of Construction
- Use of Plotters, Copiers, Printers & Scanners