Perkins Eastman , where employees are encouraged continuously to engage, to learn, and to contribute in a vibrant and supportive office culture, is in search of an Architectural Designer III with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a passion for high-quality design and a collaborative process.
This position will provide an opportunity to work with integrated design teams on Education, Multi-family and Senior Living projects of various sizes and complexity. The individual selected must possess the ability to react positively to a variety of design priorities, styles and project delivery methods. Our approach is client-focused, and our employees thrive in a collaborative, responsive environment.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Architect who is responsible for the project.
- Participate in Master Planning, Site Planning and Building Design exercises.
- Develop and document design concepts and unique technical details.
- Perform building code reviews to assure compliance.
- Assist in the production effort on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
- Coordinate the work of Consultants, reviewing and developing technical details and strategies that advance high performance design and systems integration, in support of sustainable design certifications.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Supervise or have the responsibility of the constructions administration phase.
- Has a Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an Accredited School.
- Has a minimum of 5 years of relevant architecture experience.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity, eagerness to engage with others, and willingness to contribute to a healthy, vital workplace culture.
- Is able to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team.
- Has strong organization, communication, technical and graphic skills.
- Has experience with site planning design and zoning analysis.
- Is proficient with other data management software such as Word and Excel.
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Can demonstrate proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Sketch-up, InDesign and other related design software . Rhino and other related design software is a plus.
- Has LEED accreditation or is willing to pursue it in the next 6 months.