The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
This position is located at the Hillcrest Complex, Subway Operations Building.
Provides architectural design expertise to support the review and acceptance of major TTC capital projects such as subway extensions, subway station improvements such the Easier Access programme, as well as improvements to surface facilities. Ensures finishes and materials are appropriate for long life expectancy, ease of maintenance as well as future replacement or repairs. Provides technical support to maintenance groups responsible for upkeep; ensures their maintenance concerns are duly represented.
Key Job Functions
- Prioritizes, delegates and reviews design submissions to ensure maintainability, as well as compliance with established standards and regulatory requirements
- Obtains and coordinates input from Plant maintenance groups
- Performs site inspections and walkthroughs; prepares deficiency reports
- Represents Plant Maintenance interests to other TTC departments
- Evaluates proposals for alternative materials, products and methods; recommends acceptance
- Applies TTC Design Manuals, Standard and Directive Drawings; recommends revisions
- Promotes a respectful work environment that supports diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and that is free from harassment and discrimination
- Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC’s Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Plan and organize activities / projects to meet section and organizational goals
- Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
- Use office technology, software and applications
- Apply analytical skills
- Communicate in a variety of mediums
Education and Experience
- Completion of a post secondary college diploma or university degree in a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent
- A License with the OAA as an Architect (Preferred); a License with the OAAAS as an Architectural Technologist or membership in OAA or OAAAS and working towards full licensure will be considered
- Experience in the architectural design of subway stations, industrial facilities and office buildings
- Has (or demonstrates ability to quickly attain) full knowledge of relevant codes, TTC Design Manuals, Standard and Directive Drawings
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), supported by a strong sense of diplomacy and negotiation
- Ability to prioritize work to meet organizational goals as set by the TTC’s Corporate Plan
- Competent user of standard office technology, computer software and applications including CAD and MS Office
- Good knowledge of the applicable codes/practices/standards (e.g. Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code, TTC standards, CSA standards, OH&S Act, Underwriters Laboratories of Canada, Ministry of Labour, Elevator Safety Code and etc.)
- Knowledge of the various maintenance functions carried out by the Plant Maintenance department
- A valid non-probationary Class G driving license and use of own or TTC vehicle for emergency trades support
Salary Information: $83,246.80 – $104,067.60
Deadline to Apply: January 13, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources – Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.