POP Architecture is seeking an Architectural Designer to join their growing team. They are a young firm with a start up mentality, with strong footholds in New York City and Northwest Connecticut. The firm uses advanced technology in their design process, which is innovative, collaborative and fun.
They are looking for talented designers that are curious, careful and take initiative to work on single family homes, commercial projects and design competitions.
- Excellent presentation skills to communicate design through highly developed diagrams
- Proficiency with Rhino with ability to manipulate complex geometries
- Proficiency in Autocad, Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Excel required
- Familiarity with working drawings
- Ability to come up with multiple schemes with creative design solutions
- Generate drawing sets under supervision
- Experience with residential architecture
- Responsible for design and execution of a project through all phases of design and construction
- Interface with clients, consultants, building management and city agencies
- Willingness to take day trips for sites outside the city
- Attend site meetings and address questions and issues as they arise
- Professional demeanour
- Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other team members
- Drivers License and willingness to travel to a jobsite is preferred
- Health Insurance, 80% paid by us
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Salary commensurate with experience
This is an opportunity for hands-on, soup-to-nuts experience working on projects in all phases of design and construction. If interested in the Architectural Designer position at POP Architecture, please email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.