Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Architectural Intern supports the project team to meet the established goals of the project and its clients. This individual must possess strong fundamental architectural skills and apply learned principles and techniques to accomplish project goals. The individual should be passionate about design, and contribute to the creative process that develop innovative solutions that enrich the design.
This specific position does not require an Architects license, though the individual should be capable of supporting project work effectively while pursuing the knowledge and experience needed to obtain this certification.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Understand project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures.
- Support the project team by developing, preparing and reviewing drawings and revisions.
- Participate and engage in client and internal meetings.
- Assist in the assembly of drawing sets and permitting activities as required.
- Cooperate as an active member of a multi-disciplined project team and develop a greater understanding of the other disciplines in the office.
- Support production of proposals and award competition packages.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry and developing technologies.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Persuasively and visually communicate ideas effectively and tactfully with project team.
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Formulate sound and educated decisions based upon available information.
- Bring highly creative and abstract ideas into design.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to build relationships and foster trust.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Professional Architecture degree from an accredited university. Bachelors of Architecture required. Masters in Architecture preferred.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through 0-5 years of progressive experience working with various project types.
- Demonstrated experience working on AIA award winning project(s).
- Aspiration to pursue architectural registration as demonstrated by ARE admission.
- Current affiliation and/ or membership of local, state or national industry organization is a plus.
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus;