Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Student Intern to join our team starting in January 2019. As an Architectural Student Intern, you are responsible for performing basic architectural assignments by receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing CAD/BIM.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models or prepares project boards for client/project team review.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess basic hand and CAD/BIM drafting skills.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Basic knowledge in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture or related degree program.
- Previous internship with an architectural or interior design firm preferred.