The Planning Team is responsible for the creation of the Global Workplace Standards and to ensure adherence to the standards. The Planning Team meets with customers to ascertain their needs, and provides detailed floor plans and direction to the project management team to implement. Planners engage in the following activities:
- Initial customer meetings
- Programming scope and development in adherence with the Global Workplace Standards
- Test fit space plans
- Detailed space plans
- Furniture plans
- Interior finish plans
- Develops and executes migration and phasing plans for relocation and sequencing based on the physical space requirements
- Establishes project goals and objectives, including but not limited to, schedule and budget parameters.
- Attends meetings with Business Division representatives and facilitates discussion/programming of space requirements (headcount/growth, allocations, adjacencies, special support needs).
- Follows deviation process if applicableThe Planning Team coordinates and provides input to the following teams: Finance, Engineering, Project Management, Cost Estimating, IT Project Management, Audio Visual, Signage vendors, Furniture dealerships, Architects and Engineers, Property Management, Move Teams, Change Management, and Communications.
A successful candidate would meet the following qualifications:
- 5+ yrs in the industry, specifically experience in space planning, furniture selection and finish plans
- Technical skills include: Revit, AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Redering software (Sketch-Up, 3ds Max, etc), Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of building codes a plus
- Programming and scope development of space a plus
Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact.
Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality.
Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field.
Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world.