Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Project Manager to work on inspiring and innovative projects within the US. The ideal candidate will have a strong architectural background and proven success managing all facets of a project. The Assistant Project Manager will work under the supervision of a Project Manager, assist with planning, directing, and coordinating assigned projects to deliver quality professional services to our clients and facilitate completion of projects within time and budget consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to SOM’s vision by enabling clear communication among team members, consultants and clients. Promote professional relationships internally and externally.
- Serve as a point of contact for clients, external consultants and vendors.
- Prepare and review project memos, correspondence, contracts and schedules for professional services; communicate daily with team.
- Conduct important client communications and videoconferencing occasionally after hours to coincide with regular business hours in other international markets. Record minutes of these meetings and document action items.
- Work with internal SOM staff to implement, update and manage in Vision software, project staffing and resource planning.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, coordinate with Project Accountant in preparation appropriate billings and pursue payment compliance.
- Maintain and update project data (in various mediums including hard copy project files, network drives etc.) in a timely manner to insure accurate reporting of earnings and accurate billings.
- Manage and coordinate multiple schedules, both individual and project specific.
- A professional degree in Architecture
- 3 – 4 years relevant experience
- Strong Professional References
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly professional, creative and committed individual with proven collaboration, technical and organizational skills
- A proven work ethic and the ability to anticipate project, client and team needs, service oriented, initiate decisions and coordinate the activities of others
- Interest in, and ability to, handle financial management issues as it relates to project team members, consultant team members and project performance
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong proofreading skills
- MS Project skills highly desirable.
- Preference for experience and interest in Science, Technology and Healthcare projects.
- Experience with LEAN, Design-Build or IPD projects delivery methods are a plus.
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV