Located in Toronto’s Lower Junction Triangle, Azure Publishing has an opening for an Associate Editor, a position with responsibilities across Azure magazine’s print and digital platforms.
Covering forward-looking architecture and design from around the world, Azure is a dynamic and award-winning media brand, encompassing an influential magazine, an active and growing website and a presence on social media.
Self-motivated and creative-minded, the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of editorial duties related to the magazine, the website and our social networks.
- Idea generation, story development and photo research for both print and online platforms
- Assigning stories to freelancers/contributors
- Advanced story editing
- Writing articles for the magazine and contributing to the website
- Fact checking print stories
- Schedule management and some administrative duties
- Attending events and other functions on behalf of Azure
- A post-secondary education
- Three to five years of experience in magazines or online equivalent
- Highly developed computer skills including a working knowledge of InCopy, InDesign and WordPress
- A basic familiarity with image manipulation software such as Photoshop
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative work ethic and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- A familiarity with contemporary design and architecture
Considered an asset:
- An understanding of web development processes, including a knowledge of SEO
- A strong and enthusiastic affinity for social media
This is a full-time role. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a group benefits package. Our office is an open-concept space in a newly renovated former industrial building in a burgeoning Toronto arts district.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume referencing the job title. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Send via email to: [email protected]
Submission deadline: August 9, 2019.
We regret that we are unable to reply to all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.