Brooklyn-based landscape build/design agency, Brook Landscape, is looking for an Associate Landscape Architect to support the design office. The candidate will join a tight-knit team dedicated to rapid project turnover, excellent standards of customer service, + all facets of professional construction + horticulture installations. The right candidate is a well-organized, highly functioning multi-tasker + problem solver.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Creative Director + Chief Operations Officer.
- Works alongside the Creative Director for creative development.
- Works closely with the Creative Director + Director of Horticulture to select appropriate plants/trees for project development.
- Builds + maintains schedules + budgets for subcontracted work as coordinated with their in-house construction activities, working alongside the Executive Director of Operations.
- Selects, reviews, + evaluates specialized material take-offs for project estimates + procurement.
- Maintains client relationships throughout all project phases, from kick-off through close-out for all work designed by the agency.
- Attends client meetings + serve as the client correspondence liaison.
- Utilizes experience in building construction methodologies and administration through a thorough understanding of exterior landscape installations + construction assemblies.
- Manages + track subcontractor finances on applicable projects.
- Supports the Senior Architect/Project Manager + Chief Operations Officer in reviewing the clarity, accuracy, + overall quality of the agency’s internal design documents, shop drawings, general redlining as it relates to project development.
- Supports the Senior Architect/Construction Project Manager with municipal filings, building submittals, + third-party consultants + professionals when necessary.
- Tracks + reports design hours per respective projects.
- Assists in management of miscellaneous duties/ responsibilities as assigned.
- 2-3 years of Architecture/ Landscape Architecture experience.
- Fluency in AutoCAD, Fusion 360, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop (CNC experience a plus).
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Workspace.
- Hand drawing skills (perspective + axon).
- Excellent written + verbal + interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid mathematical understanding for problem-solving.
- Local to NYC area + able to commute to their Brooklyn studio.
As Brook Landscape has a rapid rate of project progression, this would be an opportunity to move quickly through construction projects with an average build schedule of 2 months, which may offer a refreshing context for those working in the architecture industry typically occupied with project development lasting many months or even years. Take advantage of Brook Landscape as an opportunity to develop your talents, skills, ideas, + ambitions.
Please reach out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio and resume attached in PDF format. No calls.