Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Job ID: 2414
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We are currently hiring for Associate Planners who will play a key role in the development application process as they work under the general direction of a professional Planner and are responsible for a broad range of assignments in current planning.
- The Associate Planner will be responsible for processing development applications of varying complexity under the direction of a professional Planner.
- Providing customer service by responding to enquiries and correspondence on planning matters.
- Supporting planning staff with research and undertaking independent studies, report writing and preparing draft policy papers.
- Attending, assisting and conducting public meetings and playing a lead on focus group sessions.
- Liaising with staff and stakeholder groups.
- Performing other related job duties as required.
- Master’s Degree in Planning from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 6 months related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid and restricted driver’s license.
- Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Excellent ability to write memos, reports, and correspondence regarding planning matters.
- Effectively able to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and maintaining effective relationships with key players in the development application process.
- The ability to make sound judgements and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of development planning principals, bylaws, policies and procedures.
Closing date: September 20th, 2018