Bestor Architecture is hiring a Senior Designer who will be a part of a collaborative team of architects and designers. This person will provide expertise in all phases of project development—schematic design through construction administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all project efforts to ensure effective project execution
- Provide design leadership and project management expertise with responsibility for client satisfaction and financial performance
- Effectively initiate concept design and schematic design packages, collaborating closely with the firm’s Principal
- Serve as client and consultant contact and in coordination with consultants, produce and/or oversee production of a full set of design and construction documents
- In collaboration with others, assist with establishing fees and project schedules and monitor them to ensure they are on time and on budget
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services
- Work closely with clients and consultants to preserve design intent through Design Documentation (DD), Construction Documentation (CD), and Construction Administration (CA) phases
- Lead and effectively implement QA/QC standards
- Visit construction sites to gather information, answer contractor questions and prepare punch list as required
- Contribute practical knowledge of building codes, building materials, and construction
- Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing feedback to direct reports
- Provide informal feedback, mentorship, and guidance to designers and junior staff
- Professional degree in Architecture (B.Arch. or M.Arch.) from an accredited institution
- Licensure is preferred but not required
- 7 or more years of professional architectural experience working on residential projects is a must
- Experience working with city agencies
- Experience in scheduling/staff workflow
- Experience coordinating consultants and managing a design team
- Highly proficient in creating presentation materials using Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment and execute obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- Motivated, independent, flexible, and cooperative problem solver with strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- Extremely collaborative and reliable, and able to multi-task and prioritize as required
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Profit sharing plan (dependent upon profitability) and bonuses given for strong performance and contribution
- Weekly lunches provided
- Hybrid work schedule
Please email your CV, portfolio sample (no larger than 5 MB), and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Senior Designer” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls.