Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Make is a studio of highly creative and talented architects and designers who have acquired considerable professional experience designing advanced, complex and iconic buildings. We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to creating an open and egalitarian working environment.
As Bid Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and managing all bid submissions in the practice, including our Hong Kong and Sydney studios. You should have a proven capability in delivering winning bid submissions.
You should have experience in managing bids from opportunity identification through to delivery and will provide valuable input into identifying opportunities and winning strategies. We are looking for someone who would like to progress to the next stage of their career as Bid Manager at Make. You should have an excellent understanding of the construction industry and the different demands of each sector and have the ability to manage complex, multiple work streams. You should have commercial and financial awareness with excellent communication and project management skills.
- To manage and coordinate a record of new business bids, competitions and leads, and maintain a data base on the pipeline of work.
- Liaise with other partners in the practice to record and track new business pitches and enquiries into the database.
- To manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities including architectural design competitions.
- Throughout the bid process manage the bid team and the inputs from various consultants into a programme you have developed.
- Review the financial aspects of the bid ensuring all services are included in the fee proposal.
- You will contribute to the bid so that it stands out from the rest, working particularly closely with the Communications and Graphics teams.
- Manage and coordinate resources to ensure all bids are of the highest quality and submitted on time.
- Manage the bid budget.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Arrange all post bid reviews with the clients.
- You will provide regular updates to the practice on pipeline progress and results.
- Monitor and report of the results of competitions and pitches.
- You will be working in close collaboration with the various partners responsible for business development / bids / competitions and the head of the Communications team.
Core personal skills desired:
- A pro-active person capable of engaging and coordinating with a number of senior partners at Make.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with a proven track record and ability to prepare a compelling written proposal.
- Must be capable of engaging and liaising with a broad range of stakeholders with the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to understand the needs and requirements of the client/purchaser
- Excellent organisation skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to manage time and workload efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills with a personable and approachable character, flexible attitude and an articulate and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent financial awareness and numerical skills, with the ability to align bidding with the needs of Make.
Qualifications: Preferably degree educated
Key software skills: Microsoft Office including Word and Excel Adobe InDesign
If you are interested in applying please email your CV and a covering letter, stating your salary expectations, to Bidmanager@makearchitects.com.