The BIM technical coordinator will be primarily site based with weekly office visits, and have responsibility for the day to day BIM project and model co-ordination, data activities and actions. Working closely with various ISG team members project/site team to ensure successful BIM production, integrations, R&D and delivery from ‘cradle to grave’.
Reporting on a daily basis to the relevant site team but direct line responsibility being an assigned BIM manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Federation of co-ordinated 3D Models for all our discipline teams on any given project.
- Assist in BIM co-ordination meetings along with the BIM or Design Manager, this may include such activities as ‘live’ walkthroughs, clash detection, problem solving, co-ordination or spatial issues
- Assist and be aware of incoming and outgoing data, models and documents relevant to ensure that changes are identified, that the accuracy of drawings and models held on file are maintained, and that data issued are in the required format and using the required method
- Work to a high standard of accuracy and quality.
- Have a desire to always develop further knowledge of REVIT, Navisworks, AutoCAD and associated packages
- Develop and integrate 3D, 4D, 5D & 6D principals and apply to software packages (eg Revit, Asta, Synchro, Navisworks etc)
- Be aware and adopt principles held in the BEP throughout the working life of the project.
- Work within and follow the processes, workflows and procedures for successful information exchange on project work
- Produce project outputs such as data drops
- Ensuring timely delivery.
- Work within an established common data environment where necessary or applicable and interface with all relevant parties.
- Advise on modelling best practice. Mentor and educate where needed and necessary.
- Validate model compliance against BEP, RIBA stages and agreed data drops
- Model coordination and interrogation, ensure models work together (federate as necessary), maintain master model, ensure information remains interoperable, clash detection, quality checks, data conversion.
- Connect BIM to office and site activities, be instrumental in its adoption and promotion.
- Identify, capture, export and report key data from working models
- Creating visuals from models for team use or to proactively highlight issues.
- Promote BIM
- Manage the process and information transfer to the projects FM platform and team (6D). ie Archibus, Zutec etc.
- From a Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health background, design or construction.
- Creative and independent thinker with problems solving skills.
- Proactive and enthusiastic in encouraging and nurturing a BIM.
- Excellent communicator
- Good technical and software skills
- Quality focused
- Proven BIM track record including authoring tools
Working Knowledge And Understanding Of:
- Construction and services
- PAS1192 & CIC BIM protocols
- IFC and other commonly used data exchange formats
- Common Data Environment
- Autodesk Revit MEP inc worksets, families and template files
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage inc Timeline
- Autodesk Autocad CADmep aka Cadduct
- Asta power project or Synchro
- Other CAD or BIM software experience would also be beneficial but not essential.
- Laser site surveying equipment (training will be given where necessary)