OMA is looking for a talented, technically orientated & dynamic BIM Coordinator to work within a team on projects, from schematic design through to technical and construction phases. This is a project-based role coordinating the digital delivery of projects, liaising with external consultants and providing technical support for the project team.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong and proven background of delivering & coordinating projects in Revit, who can utilize this to drive and educate the project teams digital delivery of complex projects.
Applicants should have a passion for architectural design and project delivery, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working in flexible environments.
The successful candidate will be embedded within a project team, reporting directly to their project leader and the Head of BIM, supported by the practice’s Digital Design & Technology Group.
- Understand the design project through its work stages and ability to manage/deliver this to completion
- Provide day-to-day technical support & ad-hoc training for BIM workflows to the project team
- Lead where needed the internal & external BIM Coordination meetings of complex projects
- Work with the Digital Design & Technology team to setup projects, maintain project BIM models & ensure they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements & OMA BIM standards
- Take responsibility, where required by the project leader, for specific areas of the design coordination
- Liaise with external design team, external project BIM team and associated organizations
- Ensure OMA procedures, standards & workflows are applied and communicated to the project teams
Requirements, Qualities & Skills
- Master’s degree in Architecture or Urban Planning
- Minimum 5 years post-graduate working in Architecture
- Experience in a similar role, including leading digital coordination workshops with project design teams
- Strong proficiency in Revit is essential, demonstrated by experience with delivering, collaborating in and coordinating complex projects to BIM standards
- Initiative and proactive working methodology
- Understanding of the of the architect’s role in the project coordination and integration of the wider design teams project information
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino & Adobe Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Good working proficiency in English
- Fluency in another language is an asset
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team