Seattle’s Brand Design studio is a collaborative team of designers, strategists, and storytellers that engages with a wide variety of clients on projects of all sizes—from product packaging and websites to campus signage systems and international brand positioning. As Gensler brand designers, we help our clients tell their unique stories effectively via every channel available in today’s diverse media landscape. Our approach combines design and architectural expertise with a unique point of view and strong communication skills. We believe that this approach results in brands that build trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships.
What You Will Do
- As a Mid-level Brand Designer, you will be responsible for the design of a wide variety of graphics, branded environment, signage, and way-finding projects.
- You will work as a key partner on fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, and more that deliver projects ranging from strategic planning to corporate and retail interiors.
- You will deliver creative solutions in a diverse range of markets including hospitality, retail, restaurants, and workplace.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Signage Design and Wayfinding with a professional degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design or a related field Experience creating detailed message schedules & location plans based on architectural construction documents
- Exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery, and typography into three-dimensional built environments
- Detailed oriented with the ability to see the big picture
- Strong way-finding planning experience including conducting research, site survey, developing way-finding strategies, and documenting design solutions (sign type drawings, message schedules & location plans)
- Proficiency drawing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings
- Excellent communication skills and experience as the main point of contact for clients, vendors, consultants, and project teams
- Ability to multitask while remaining efficient, poised, and organized
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types
- Proficiency in the latest design software including Adobe Creative Suite and CAD Tools
- Sketchup & Revit experience a plus, but not required.