Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Flipboard is the world’s largest mobile content curation platform. Powered by people and technology, Flipboard makes it easy to stay informed and get inspired by the stories and products that fuel your passions.
We are looking for a passionate Brand Designer to join our Design Team based in Palo Alto. We’ve just undergone an exciting brand refresh and need a highly creative and strategically-minded Brand Designer who can help us find new and remarkable ways to propel our story forward.
The ideal candidate will be highly passionate about their craft, a strong conceptual thinker, and excited to work on all types of projects, both big and small. This is a position that will have a direct impact across all audience touch points including: environmental design, brand campaigns, product launches, video, as well as web, email and mobile design.
- Work collaboratively with our Product, Sales, Marketing, and People teams in creating beautiful on-brand designs and seizing every opportunity to move the brand forward
- Promote a unified and world class presence both inside and outside the organization
- Broadcast the Flipboard brand across a variety of mediums end to end
- Manage vendor relations for branded keepsakes for clients and employees
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Brand, Packaging, Visual Communications, or Graphic Design
- Minimum 2 full years of brand design experience as an in-house designer and or at a creative agency
- Strong portfolio of design work showcasing both print and digital experiences
- Passion for typography, grid systems, photography, color, texture, iconography, print and digital experiences, illustration, and storytelling
- Strong in conceptual thinking and design process
- Able to clearly articulate design objectives, concepts and artistic directions
- Working knowledge of animation and motion design
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance plus 401K with company contribution
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Free breakfast buffet and lunches provided Monday through Friday
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Flipboard Sports: basketball & soccer teams, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies–you name it, we celebrate it
Why Join Flipboard
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced entrepreneur Mike McCue, we are a highly diverse team of bright, capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. We are positive, respectful and we value self improvement. We have a track record of betting on people, giving them bigger roles, and supporting them. We believe strongly in the importance of investing in our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from millions of sources around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.