Established in 1986, Quadrangle is among Canada’s most dynamic design firms. Our portfolio of projects illustrates a diversified client list that includes major players in the residential, commercial, retail, media and hospitality industries. Equally wide-ranging is our scope and expertise in the rehabilitation and conversion of existing buildings and interiors projects.
In early 2019 Quadrangle entered into a strategic partnership with BDP, a major international practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists, primarily based in the UK. Quadrangle is leading Canadian operations and BDP’s North American expansion.
Quadrangle is seeking a Business Development Specialist to execute Quadrangle’s strategy for improving its market position and growth of new business opportunities for interior based services within the Workplace, Residential, Retail, Cultural and Content Media markets. As an integral member of the business development team, in a highly energetic and creative environment, the Business Development Specialist is responsible for establishing prospective client relationships and developing a pipeline of new business opportunities. The Business Development Specialist strategically targets potential new clients, pitches services, supports existing client relationships and promotes the Quadrangle brand. The Business Development Specialist also establishes collaborative and productive relationships with internal team members and throughout the firm.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, assess, target, and develop relationships with new client leads;
- Conduct market and prospect research in target locations to identify new business opportunities;
- Create new business growth plans including goals, strategies, action plans and schedules for target markets in collaboration with the firm principals and senior staff;
- Prepare and deliver presentations required for new business opportunities;
- Support in preparation of fee proposals and responses to RFPs in collaboration with Quadrangle’s Proposal Coordinator;
- Develop and maintains business networks, attend meetings, conferences, events, and trade shows to raise brand awareness and develop relationships;
- Support with internal coordination, follow-ups and input of business development related activities into the company Client Relationship Management system;
- Assist in planning promotional activities and events;
- Support internal teams with business development knowledge and training as required to maximize lead generation;
- Works closely with the Business Development team to coordinate marketing materials, communications and sales efforts.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience, in a design firm, in a business development or sales-based role;
- Degree or diploma in business, sales, marketing or related field is an asset;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Power Point;
- Experience with Deltek Vision CRM and data input processes would be an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to display initiative, work independently, and positively lead and contribute to a team environment;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relations and work efficiently with external and internal stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards andon-time delivery;
- Engagement and awareness of industry design trends.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé (Acrobat PDF file only), via email to: [email protected]