GHD has an excellent opportunity for a CADD Designer to work within our Engineering Design Organization Group, from either our Portland, OR, Roseville, or Irvine, CA offices.
Working with the Design Documentation team, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Assist in the preparation of CADD drawings
- Ensure timely delivery of all tasks assigned
- Prepare design concept drawings and ideas for discussion and conceptual development.
- Prepare detail drawings that require a degree of technical design utilizing knowledge of relevant design principles
- Prepare calculations for quantities and costing of projects
- Receive training in various phases of office and field work including design, drawings, construction review, site surveys, studies, and assist in the preparation of fee proposals, memoranda, letters and reports.
- Communicate with clients on details
- Recommend improvements and innovations
- Carry out quality checks and procedures
- 4+ years of drafting and design experience AutoCAD, Revit, and AutoCAD Civil 3D design software.
- Graduation from an accredited institute program in Civil Engineering Technology is preferred.
- Design experience should include support of structural steel projects, reinforced concrete projects, foundation modeling, and 3D modeling for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Experience creating 2D drawings for client submittals from 3D models.
- Experience providing CAD support to other disciplines including architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical will be beneficial.
- You possess a working knowledge of advanced drafting practices and familiarity with CADD principles (i.e., text placement and editing, layering, snap, precision input, etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to work with team members across the West Region
- Sound judgment and decisiveness
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.