Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Quadrangle is seeking an architectural technologist or architect with a minimum of two years’ experience working as a building code advisor for architectural projects in Ontario. The ideal candidate will not only have had experience working with, interpreting and applying relevant building codes and acts, but will also enjoy interacting with our in-house team, assisting as a resource during the development of our projects and sharing their enthusiasm for the Building Code.
The position will involve the following:
- Provide advice to project team members on the Building Code Act and on all parts of Ontario’s Building Code in order to develop code compliance strategies;
- Review drawing packages for Building Code compliance at various project stages;
- Organize in-house learning opportunities to increase awareness of Building Code requirements;
- Analyze design issues and provide recommendations for Building Code compliance;
- Drafting and supporting our in-house code reference guides.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural technology, or degree in architecture;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills;
- Computer skills with an emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat;
- Experience working in building construction consulting settings, including but not limited to architecture firms, architecture and engineering firms, and/or Building Code consulting firms, with a minimum of five years of experience in these settings;
- Extensive knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and Act and related referenced codes and standards, as well as a working knowledge of Canadian Building Codes and Acts in general;
- Passed the examinations or are in the process of obtaining all the necessary courses to obtain a Building Code Information Number (BCIN) for Small, Large and Complex Buildings and General Legal/Process, or hold other equivalent professional qualifications.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The Studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we are seeking exceptional individuals to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities, along with a mentorship program to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (Acrobat PDF file only), via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org