At Giannone Petricone Associates we are designing environments inspired by a love of city-making and contemporary urban culture. From well crafted interiors to large-scale urban redevelopments – and everything in-between – our work relishes in a close attention to detail and material expression, provocative programs, and thorough investigation and infiltration of local contexts. We are a mid-sized firm located in Toronto since 1995. Our award-winning projects are mostly in Canada but extend to the US and Europe where we have recently enjoyed great interest in our unique design approach.
We are presently looking for an energetic and outgoing Communications Specialist to join our team.
The Communications Specialist collaborates and translates marketing and branding direction from Principals and Associates into compelling graphics and layouts for proposals, presentations, and other promotional material.
The Communications Specialist also supports the promotion and marketing activities at the firm including website, social media co-ordination, award submissions and branding projects i.e. Studio retrospective book.
Overall, the Communications Specialist will use their strong design and curatorial sense and communication skills to distinguish the company and strengthen the studio’s profile to gain critical exposure.
Role and Responsibilities:
Visual Communication and Graphic Design
• Develops and creates a portfolio of high-quality graphic material using brand guidelines and direction from the Associates and Principals
• Selects appropriate and impactful colours, images, sizes, text styles and layouts for designs
• Coordinates all aspects of production for print and electronic publication
• Coordinates and manages a catalogue of project and promotional imagery and photography
• Designs project sheets, brochures, newsletters, etc.
• Reviews project material (when requested) for graphic qualities and compliance with standards
• Maintains GPA Digital Asset Management System (OpenAsset)
Promotions and Marketing
• Supports creation and development of communication strategies, key themes and messages to highlight GPA’s value proposition, strengths, capabilities and resources
• Supports branding initiatives including internal and external promotions
• Co-ordinates the firm’s marketing content (social media, e-blasts etc.)
• Identifies and coordinates activities to promote the studios’ industry leadership including publication opportunities
• Sources and manages annual awards programs and submissions
• Manages updates to the studio’s website and co-ordinates with developers if needed
• Manages visual development of GPA’s retrospective book project
• Develops social media content including: coordination and assembly of global content, Twitter/Instagram list building, follower strategy, blogger outreach and engagement
• Manages media relations including development of media relationships and campaigns via GPA newsroom platform (Prezly)
• Exceptional creativity and design sense with equal skills in design software (Adobe Suites: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Experience with online content management systems (WordPress), email campaign systems (MailChimp), press outreach (newswire, Prezly) and social media
• Strong conceptual, communication and listening skills to be able to translate directions into designs
• Ability to collaborate as a team member working with diverse teams internally and externally
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, be self-directed and take initiative
• Ability to work with accuracy and demonstrate attention to detail
• Experience within the architectural or construction industry is an asset
• Basic HTML knowledge is an asset
To submit your credentials for this opportunity, email your CV of no more than 10MB to [email protected]
Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted; no phone inquiries please.
We look forward to hearing from you!