Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Here at Cambridge Design Partnership we are passionate about creating new products. Over our 20-year history our growth has been focused on building what we believe is a uniquely effective innovation capability. Few companies outside the vertically integrated global market leaders can assemble holistic innovation teams across consumer research, brand strategy, design, scientific research, engineering development and manufacturing. Our team achieves this and that is why we are trusted by some the world’s largest companies with their most important innovations. Working as an Industrial Designer, you could be part of this team.
Joining the hub of the brightest minds you will be responsible for leading and developing technically challenging projects for a range of products in the consumer and healthcare sectors. Working alongside our exceptional teams your insight, creativity and drive will allow you to develop your skills technically, as well as project leading and sales skills, progressing your career and broadening your knowledge and experience. You will have a keen interest in new technology and product design and be able to generate graphical and presentation material of exceptional quality. You are likely to have worked in consultancy previously and will demonstrate an outstanding design portfolio containing evidence of in-market product from at least one of the following areas – consumer product, healthcare, structural packaging.
- A creative thinker, concept generator, and communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of multidisciplinary team working
- Graphically exceptional, including rapid communication of ideas (from outstanding hand sketching, and full Adobe CS as a minimum), to proven 3D CAD competency (preferably Solidworks and/or Alias). Keyshot, rendering and 3D animation software expertise would be an advantage.
- Comfortable with hands-on modelling, general workshop model-making skills and conversant with the latest Rapid Prototyping technologies
- 2:1 or higher degree in industrial design, product or structural packaging design or a related discipline
- Demonstrable industrial/product/packaging design experience in at least one of the following sectors: Consumer, Healthcare, FMCG, Structural Packaging.
- Experience of Project Leadership and experience of participating in consumer and market research activities would be an advantage
We look after you:
In return for your hard work and insightful ideas you receive; Competitive salary l Discretionary bonus l 12% non-contributory pension l Private healthcare l 25 days holiday
With our offices in a beautiful rural location close to Cambridge, we offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding but rewarding. An excellent opportunity to join a technical consultancy that’s exciting and going places!
If you have the skills and personal qualities to succeed in this role, please email your CV with current remuneration details to Dave Morrison firstname.lastname@example.org