Gensler is seeking to hire Workplace Consulting Director. The role will be to lead a team to deliver strategic workplace services to clients, primarily in the home location but also collaborating with the Director of Workplace and Consulting to deliver strategic workplace services across Gensler’s offices in Asia. Clients will be local, regional and global. The position will require the ability to travel to the regional offices and to client locations.
What You Will Do
The role will focus on meeting and exceeding our client’s goals and objectives regarding the development of innovative and integrated workplace solutions to improve business performance. Gensler’s workplace services are provided along a continuum from to our clients begins at the outset of the client engagement and extends through post occupancy evaluations.
This is not a marketing role, we expect the Consultant to lead and actively participate in developing client relationships, participating in tenders, delivering projects and following through with clients post-occupancy.
The primary responsibilities will include conducting or coordinating user research, real estate strategy, change management, programming, space planning, design standards, building appraisal, site selection, advisory services for commercial development, and consultation coordination. Many engagements will require a partnership between consultants and designers, to inform the development of design concepts, blocking and stacking and space planning – all with the goal of informing excellent and effective workplace design and implementation.
- The candidate will have substantial experience in the field of development of user-centric workplace strategies for clients and have a creative and analytical mindset.
- Alternatively, substantial experience in change management (and subject matter expertise in change management theory and methodologies) or an allied field will be considered.
- Focus on realizing and exceeding client goals and objectives and design excellence is critical, hence demonstrated ability to lead executives and user stakeholders on a journey is an essential part of this role.
- The candidate must understand form and design language but equally be engaged in exploring broad, undefined problem areas and be able to articulate points-of-view about relevant client challenges. The ability to clearly articulate concepts and ideas in easily understood terms by non-experts is critical.
- The candidate will be required to work with regional and global consulting leaders to build industry awareness and market reputation, actively seeking and pursuing consulting opportunities with existing and new Gensler clients.
- The candidate will be able to problem-find and problem-solve, formulate cultural and user insights and develop strategic frameworks and compelling solutions.
Leadership and Management
- The candidate must have experience in leading or managing a self-sustaining studio.
- The candidate must have a collaborative, team-oriented mindset. Collaboration and participation with Gensler’s firm wide Consulting Practice Area is essential.
- As this is a leadership role, a proactive approach to mentoring, knowledge sharing and team-building is essential.
- The candidate will be responsible for the Gensler financial metrics of projects implemented by the team.
- Degree or higher level tertiary qualifications in Architecture, Interior Design, Urban Planning or another related field is essential.
- Publication of articles related to strategic workplace design is a plus.
- A portfolio of innovative past strategic workplace client engagements.
- The candidate must have consulting services leadership experience including all aspects listed in the role description above. Experience in implementing flexible working strategies is highly desired.
- The candidate must have experience in managing all aspects of consulting project delivery and ideally have managed a consulting team with direct responsibility for performance.
- The candidate must have a proven track record communicating at a high level: drawing insights from users and cultural trends, creating frameworks, expressing compelling solutions. Presentation skills are a requirement.
- The candidate must possess an acute understanding of the value of design in supporting successful businesses outcomes and organizational transformation.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.