As the studio getting busier we are expanding our Business Development and Contracts team with a newly created contracts manager role.
We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager who is well versed with complex contracts of large scale international architectural projects from initial concept design stage onward.
Successful candidate will be driven and have energy for a fast paced exciting environment which is never boring. She or he should have extensive experience at negotiating design contracts for international design studios and will be instrumental in securing new projects and protecting the studio’s interests in its ever evolving twisting and turning adventure.
Agreeing appropriate design scopes, resources, fees and expenses
Work closely with Group Leaders (GL) and Business Development to understand and prioritise key opportunities requiring fee proposals or contract negotiation. Work with the project teams to capture the appropriate scope and deliverables for the Studio in agreements. Work with colleagues to agree the suitable team size to carry out the design work. Generate a resource cost plan with colleagues. Analyse and recommend suitable fee levels based on fee benchmarking and recognition of Heatherwick Studio’s value proposition. Work with GL and Finance Team to agree a suitable expenses estimate. Present fee proposal for internal sign off and then propose and agree with Client.
Contract reviews and negotiation
Use legal and commercial experience to review and negotiate design contracts and legal documents in order to agree suitable protection for the Studio in its agreements. Ability to draft and amend design contracts, collaboration agreements to protect Heatherwick Studios’ interests. Ability to discuss contract issues internally and use judgement to resolve issues amicably. Ability to work with external legal and insurance advisors. Drive the contract negotiation process and agree documentation in a timely manner.
Carry out contract administration of the Studio’s design contracts. Assist GL and wider studio to deliver projects by providing a summary of the key obligations under the contract. Assist with resolution of any contractual issues or variations in order for the Studio to deliver its contract obligations successfully.
Skills and experience needed:
- Experience in estimating design fees and expenses
- Awareness of developing suitable scopes and resources to carry out complex international design projects.
- Experience to carry out legal and commercial contract reviews, highlighting issues and risks to the Studio.
- Strength of Character to handle high pressure situations such as Client contract negotiations in order to represent the Studio’s position on contract matters in a firm but amicable manner.
- Judgement to recommend possible ways to resolve contract issues.
- Driven to push the resolution of fee and contract issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent drafting skills to prepare and amend commercial and legal documentation, such as design agreements, consultant collaboration agreements, NDAs, fee proposals, scope of services.
- Excellent Communication skills to present any fee or contract issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Organised to keep contract documents and fee information in good order
- Personable to build relationships with prospective Clients and consultants.
- Ability to carry out design contract administration to keep the Studio aware of its obligations and resolve any contract issues.
Closing date: December 14th, 2018