Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Decorative Arts Team is made up of talented Textile Designers, Stylists and Furniture Specialists who support and collaborate with Interior Design teams on design projects and also develop special collections within their own Team.
As a Decorative Arts Intern, you will have the ability to assist with most phases of the production of a project; support Designers on the Decorative Arts Team with various responsibilities and further overall project goals with your contributions; you consider yourself highly creative with big ideas, artistic skill, technical knowledge and the ability to understand the subtlety and detail required to execute international luxury projects.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Assist and collaborate in the development of concept design through sketching, rendering and planning
- Select directional images and finishes on Decorative Arts Team projects and on collaborative interior design projects
- Formulate purchased and custom furniture, accessories and textiles on various Decorative Arts Team projects and on collaborative interior design projects
- Coordinate with the Interior Design Teams when collaborating on projects
- Acquire and coordinate samples and special finishes with vendors
- Assist in the development of design presentations for the Decorative Arts Team
- Assist in any information the Spec Department may require
- Review and implement design specifications with the Spec Department in regard to: FF&E and FF&E Palette
- In the process of obtaining or recent completion of your BA in Interior Design or Achitecture or related field of design, such as: Product Design, Ceramics, Textile Design, Styling & Accessories
- Skills in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesigner are desired
- Revit or 3D rendering software skills are an asset
Please send your resume and portfolio for consideration to: [email protected]. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.