As a Design Application Specialist, you will be responsible for providing design and specification services to our internal and external customers and end users. You will apply product knowledge and offer creative design solutions while providing product applications, layouts, and specifications. Services provided on the team include project typical specification, audit services, and design consultations. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the commercial furniture industry, good communications skills, a strong initiative to work in a high-pressure environment, and the ability to manage and meet deadlines with minimal guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support technical design requirements such as space planning, typical development, product specifications, and finish selection.
- Utilize CET, AutoCAD, Cap, and Sketchup software applications.
- Develop designs to illustrate and support architectural product solutions – Beyond Movable Walls.
- Utilize value-engineering principles and incorporate information from Tailored Products and Product Development to create and recommend cost-effective, comprehensive design solutions.
- Submit and manage tailored product options for custom applications.
- Interpret sketches, blueprints, and basic drafting principles for product applications.
- Provide sketches, notes, and illustrations/renderings to recommend product applications and visually communicate design intent or product recommendations.
- Complete on-going product training and demonstrate planning directives for Allsteel product solutions.
- Estimate hours, manage time, and multi-task projects to effectively allocate hours per project including tracking, logging, and communicating project status.
- Provide details and information in a quick, clean, and effective manner and demonstrate team services and processes with competency and professionalism.
- Review and interpret RFI, RFQ, and RFP documents to provide product recommendations and specifications for bid responses.
- Provide consultative selling support that promotes relevant and impactful solutions to internal and external customers.
- Collaborate and communicates with other team members.
- Complete all activities while supporting corporate strategies and goals that include brand building and developing customer relationships.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
Job Req #: 2918071