Forms+Surfaces is a leading designer and manufacturer of architectural products used to enhance life in public space–indoors, outdoors, and everywhere in between.
Our Design+Development team consists of Industrial Designers, Textile Designers, Engineers and a skilled Prototype Team fueled by a love for problem-solving and driven by collaboration. At F+S we design and manufacture all of our products from the ground up with an emphasis on innovation and sustainability. We pride ourselves on the investigation and execution of products and concepts that no one else brings to market.
Currently, we are seeking highly talented and creative individuals to intern with our Surfaces Design+Development team. As a member of the D+D team, you will report to one of our Senior Designers and be exposed to a diverse array of large and small-scale prototyping and manufacturing processes with the intention of pushing them to their limits. Our ideal candidate enjoys being challenged, has the ability to come up with creative solutions, is great at multitasking and has a passion for design in all forms. We want someone who is comfortable working with unexpected materials and processes, and ultimately has a serious passion for design. This position offers many opportunities for personal growth. Not only will you be involved in the design of current products, but also exposed to the manufacturing, marketing and research of new products.
Surfaces products include
- VividGlass Architectural Laminated Safety Glass with Screen Print Graphics, Digital Print Graphics, Etched Graphics, LightPlane Edge-Lit LED Panels
- BermanGlass Kiln Cast Glass, Resin
- Stainless Steel EcoEtch Patterns, Impression Patterns, Screen Patterns
- Linq Woven Metal
- Bonded Metal
- Bonded Quartz
- Design Tools Zoom Digital Darkroom, VEKTR Digital Canvas
Portfolios are a necessity for Internship consideration. Great emphasis is placed on simplicity in presentation with clear and concise project development and excellent support imagery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Suite (emphasis on PS, IL and ID)
- Education Preferably in one of the following concentrations: Graphic Design, Textile Design, Glass, Architecture, Interior or Industrial Design
- A positive attitude with an emphasis on self-motivation and personal growth
- A portfolio that shows diversity, attention to detail and innovation
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workload as needed Insistence on high-quality work with great focus on detail
- Experience in Solidworks or other 3-D software is desired, but not critical
Closing date: October 21st, 2018