Think Shift is a Changency.
In business, change is not an unexplained phenomenon. It is not an outcome of divine intervention, nor an act of nature. Sometimes it happens to us, and sometimes because of us. It is a decision made by someone to intentionally abandon his or her current state for the potential of a better future state.
At Think Shift, we help clients re-imagine their future, then re-invent themselves accordingly. We are looking for a Design Director who invites and embraces such change.
You inspire a team of designers to continually raise the bar on innovation, creativity and imagination in all areas of creative (graphic design, motion graphics, brand development and interactive design) for our clients. You live, breathe, think and conceptualize in the creative world.
What you get to do:
60% – Design Direction
- Encourage and motivate the design team to produce highly creative work by providing clear, objective critiques of creative’s work during production.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to manage and deliver design assets on time, as well as champion the best possible user experience for agency clients.
- Delegate work to appropriate team members, working closely with the design team and producers.
- Ensure that ideas/designs are produced in a timely manner, on budget, accurately represent the client’s personality and with the degree of quality promised to the client.
- Participate in selection of vendors in conjunction with creative and production teams.
15% – Designing
- Create and craft strategic design solutions for our key clients.
- Present concepts internally and/or externally with senior level clients.
25% – People Management
- Act as a company advocate and embody Think Shift’s values of accountability, transparency and stewardship.
- Identify team strengths and weaknesses. Engage in mentoring, establish training plans and staffing recommendations that align the team’s skill set to business needs and technical innovations.
- Perform annual employee performance appraisals, bi-weekly one-on-one’s and mentor employee progress between appraisal cycles including identifying and developing top performing employees for growth opportunities.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education and/or training in Graphic Design, Creative Communications, Fine Arts or a related field.
- 10+ years of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervising/management experience required.
- Work experience as either a senior designer or an art director.
- A solid understanding of graphic design, photography, illustration, typography, editing and interactive design.
- A solid understanding in best practices for mobile and web design, as well as solid experience in designing usable user interfaces on multiple platforms.
- Passion for innovation and keeping up with the latest creative and digital trends.
- Drive for continuous learning and ability to inspire others with creativity.
- Strong understanding of the interactive development process.
- Skilled in explaining and defending work with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Highly conceptual approach to creative.
- Must be able to relocate to Winnipeg, MB or Portland, OR.
Think Shift provides an attractive and competitive comprehensive compensation plan, including base salary and company bonus. We also offer a company group insurance plan which includes health and dental benefits. Compensation, benefits and perks will be discussed in more detail during the interview process.
Closing date: August 20th, 2018