Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
The Northern Estate Programme (NEP) has been established to manage the comprehensive refurbishment of a number of significant historic buildings on the Parliamentary Estate north of Bridge Street in Westminster. The Programme plans to refurbish Richmond House which sits adjacent to the Northern Estate to a medium level of intervention. The NEP has a high public profile. The Programme also has significant interdependencies with other major programmes on the Estate and carries some substantial risks that will require close management. The Programme will deliver the building refurbishments to Level 2 BIM using the NEC3 suite of contracts.
The Programme is fast-moving and the post-holder is expected to make a quick impact following appointment. As well as being the design lead for the Northern Estate projects, the post-holder will be asked to contribute to the design management for other NE projects such as the Richmond House Project. As the interdependencies between Northern Estate Programme and Strategic Estates projects are significant, integrated working is becoming increasingly critical.
The role will require an experienced individual with a skill set of managing design processes on a complex construction project. Working in a team environment where communication skills are important, the Design Manager will develop trust from internal stakeholders that their requirements will be met. Good presentation skills are required both within the organisation and to external bodies such as Planning Authority and Statutory Bodies. The Design Manager will be expected to work with other SE Design Managers in formulating best practice in design management techniques and reviews.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Manage the design process for all RIBA stages via external design consultants
- Drive innovative, safe and cost-effective solutions through value management activities at each stage completion into the proposed design
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure the design consultants meet information delivery date
- Architect with ARB qualifications
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym