Holm Studio is seeking a candidate for a contract Design Staff II role at Holm Studio, located in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area. Your role will play a part in delivering the studio’s designs while working alongside the Founder and Project Architect.
Your work on projects will require creative and technical design solutions while working with the needs of the client and project consultants. A strong attention to detail, working within tight deadlines, and experience delivering technical drawings via computer programs will be integral to your role at the studio.
Holm Studio is a young design studio that designs extraordinary environments for its clients. The studio focuses on all aspects of the design, from the exterior envelope to the kitchen drawer inserts and closet design. Working alongside artisans, curators, premier builders, and top designers, Holm Studio shares a passion for creating environments that match the clients’ needs and personalities.
- Take direction from, and provide support and assistance to the Project Architect and Founder.
- Produce and coordinate construction document sets.
- Complete technical digital drawings and tasks as directed in a clear and organized manner consistent with office standards.
- Compiling of project specifications.
- Recording and maintaining vital project information.
- Report regularly to the Project Architect and Founder.
- Track and follow up on communication with team members, consultants, and local municipality staff, as required.
- Perform filing, code, and zoning review for multiple municipalities and related zoning ordinances
- Survey and document existing conditions in the field.
- Research construction materials and systems.
- General office and project duties as required to the studio and position (ie: material sample ordering, pricing information, building department submittals for various small projects).
Your Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a mid-level designer or similar role in a design firm or architecture practice.
- Solid understanding and experience in the design process, including conceptual, graphic, and technical design solutions.
- Experience in design and drafting with a demonstrated ability to produce detailed drawings through construction documentation.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience making physical models is a benefit.
- Experience in furniture design, construction, and materials a plus.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and ability to understand and apply design techniques and principles appropriate to projects.
- Ability to work within teams and communicate effectively with team members and clients.
- Empathy for great design and creatively motivated, strong visual skills, with attention to material, composition, light, color, and form.
- Self-motivated – working independently while keeping the team informed of progress.
- Calm, mature, professional, engaging, and able to interface with external persons.
- Desire to produce meaningful work.
- Ability to be open-minded and push boundaries while encouraging the team.
To apply to the Design Staff II role at Holm Studio, please email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to: email@example.com. Candidates must have legal work status in the United States. Work samples will be shared with qualified candidates in person. This position is for in person work. Remote work is not preferred.