The design team plays an integral role at Lindsey Adelman Studio, serving the Sales team and Production team technical drawings, custom fixture drawings, and digital support. As a Designer, you will work under the Design Manager to create custom proposal drawings, support new product launches, create parts accurate CAD models for Production, as well as client facing renderings, fixture specs, and installation instructions. In addition, you will provide digital support to the Studio in the form of marketing and sales materials, price lists, spec sheets, and graphic design.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Design team and broader goals of the Studio by providing sales support and client materials, including spec sheets, technical instructions, look books, pricelists, etc.
- Design custom proposals based on client specifications with a keen understanding of the Studio’s aesthetic and production capabilities. Support custom designs through production and installation process.
- Responsible for both the creation and organization of all CAD-related files in a manner consistent with the Studio’s policies and procedures; whenever applicable or appropriate, suggesting improvements to existing policies and procedures.
- Model stable Solidworks parts and assemblies for both standard and custom lighting models
- Create physical mockups of fixtures or part prototypes when necessary and document in CAD.
- Create and maintain accurate client-facing specification sheets with necessary views of fixture design in Adobe Illustrator.
- Insert designs into client’s spaces as visualization tool for clients (CAD files into architectural plans, Keyshot renderings into photos, turntable animations, Photoshop collages, etc.)
- Create clear instructions for clients of all aspects of fixture installation in Adobe Illustrator
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, or equivalent qualification.
- Strong portfolio showing design sensibility, product design and development, custom or commissioned work, and presentation skills
- Minimum of 1 year CAD Design experience
- High attention to detail, strong organization and communication skills, ability to manage time effectively, and work comfortably with other departments
- Excellent command of 3D CAD software, preferably Solidworks
- Command of Adobe Creative suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Command of Microsoft Office suite
- A good communicator in written and oral English
- A good communicator through sketching and visual presentation
- Ability to read technical drawings and architectural plans
- Autonomous. Mindful of reporting
- Ability to listen to others and even feel empathy for them, observation skills
- Experience with lighting design, interior design, or architecture
- Experience with high-end custom home furnishings strongly preffered
- Shop and fabrication experience
- The ability to create realistic renderings and animations in Keyshot for internal and client use
- Typography, layout, and graphic design experience
We offer very competitive benefits, including:
- Paid Time Off
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- 1 Week Sick Days
- 1 Week for Studio Workshop program, qualification after 1 year of employment
- 10 Bank Holidays
- Health insurance – medical, vision, dental – with 95% of individual coverage paid by company
- 401K, qualification after 1 year of employment
- $2,000 towards Studio Workshop
- Commuter benefits
- Transcendental Meditation course
- DIY fixture allowance