Do you believe design can improve lives? That it can increase productivity, engage employees and promote wellbeing? All at the same time? We do. RSP Architects is looking for creative, smart, problem-solvers to join our team. We have an opening for a Designer to join this team in Minneapolis.
Scope of Position
RSP Architects has a reputation for delivering creative, innovative and effective solutions. Our group provides exterior design for Target store remodels and small format stores. Our primary deliverable is the schematic exterior elevation, rendered in color. When requested, we also provide color & material boards, perspective views and written design descriptions.
We work with Target to arrive at an approved design, then we provide exhibits that the civil team presents to the city for their approval. We coordinate necessary changes throughout the process. The team follows through with the production team to ensure design intent is translated to the documents.
We coordinate exterior details with architecture and structural for design intent. We review and approve the sign package which is provided by the vendor. We field questions on design intent and materials throughout the process of production and construction.
Elevations are rendered with light and shadow to bring them to life, “sell” the design and win city entitlement to proceed with the project. The quality of our designs and elevation exhibits sets RSP apart.
- Provide support for project teams as directed by project team leaders
- Work with Project Designer to understand client design needs and articulate project design goals
- Establish and maintain a culture of quality
- Provide good design sense and good color sense (with some store designs our selection of paint colors will be 90% of what we provide).
- Working knowledge of MicroStation and/or AutoCAD on projects is preferred
- Ability to travel out of state occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or similar
- Proficient in Photoshop and AutoCAD is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience is required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills