Designer I is an entry level position for the professional architectural staff. The primary activity for Designer I is to develop design or technical solutions, under the supervision of an architect, that contribute to the overall project success.
Graduate of an accredited architectural program with Bachelor’s level degree.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to both Cooper Carry and the Clients guidelines and meet deadlines for each project.
- Develop architectural skills to include drawing, rendering, visual and presentation skills utilizing internal resources.
- Hone computer software skills (Revit, Photoshop, sketch-up, word, excel, etc.)
- Develop ability to make design and documentation decisions using discretion and good judgement.
- Prepare and produce drawings, design and construction documents, as directed.
- Inform Project Team Leaders of potential project opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of building systems, codes, and construction methods.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Cooper Carry projects and resources.
- Promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
- Contribute as required to support the success of the studio and firm.
- Begin the architectural registration process.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of time is spent in sitting position.
- Ability to move throughout the office either by walking or through assisted means.
- Ability to participate in site visits either by walking or through assisted mean.
- There are no lifting requirements for this position.