At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That colouring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Designer 1, we’ll count on you to:
- Evaluate, select and apply architectural techniques, procedures and modifications to architectural construction documents
- Perform architectural assignments with only general instruction from the Project Architect or Project Manager regarding the expected results
- Write specifications covering architectural matters and perform code reviews
- Assist Project Architects, other Architectural Project Coordinators or Technicians as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or closely related field
- Must possess credentials to obtain future registration
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Desire to pursue growth opportunities and eventually obtain registration
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
- Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- Experience in the areas of healthcare, educational, civic, science and research facilities
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max but not required.
- Rhino and Grasshopper experience
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.