Gensler San Jose is seeking a Designer to focus on workplace and commercial interiors for a growing, diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative, and nimble team dedicated to problem-solving for some of the world’s most innovative companies. Specializing in the technology sector, our team is committed to designing environments that help growing companies focus building their culture and attracting the best and brightest employees.
What You Will Do
- Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field from an accredited school
- 1-4 years of interior design experience
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Enscape, SketchUp, and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Strong graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required; Portfolios should include at least 1 project with this particular focus, and candidates should be prepared to talk to this in their interview, especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard , Fitwel and /or Net Zero Building certification
To be considered for this opportunity, you must upload a sample design portfolio.