Azure Publishing has an opening for a Digital Designer. The ideal candidate will excel in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and have a knack for solving problems creatively and effectively.
Azure is a leading media brand with a focus on contemporary architecture and design. We produce the award-winning publications AZURE and Designlines. Both magazines have active websites, digital editions and social media channels. We also produce the AZ Awards, a competition that awards excellence in architecture and design from around the world.
- Designing and coding recurring responsive e-newsletters
- Preparing and uploading content to websites and microsites
- Design and production of social media assets
- Collaborating with the art, editorial, marketing and sales teams in the creation and production of materials to promote the magazines and the brand across all platforms
- Design and production for editorial and print projects as required
- Preparation of digital editions
- 3+ years work experience as a graphic designer, including digital design
- Bachelor of Design or completion of graphic design programs
- Excellent coding skills and strong knowledge in HTML/CSS, web and digital platforms
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and IllustratorProficiency in After Effects
- Experience working with WordPress and similar back-end sites and programs
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, social media trends, techniques and digital technologies
- Must be organized and detail oriented with strong typographic and layout skills
- Basic video editing and motion graphics skills
- Ability to produce and implement design under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of SEO
This is a full-time role. Position is available immediately. Based in the lower Junction triangle of Toronto, our office is an open-concept space in a newly renovated, former industrial building.
We offer a competitive salary and a group benefits package. To apply, please submit a resume and portfolio (PDF attachment or web link) referencing the job title to: [email protected]
Application deadline: January 10, 2022
AZURE celebrates diversity and welcomes people from all backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.