Henriquez Partners Architects is a Vancouver based boutique design studio that excels at complex mixed-use projects that aspire to integrate poetics and ethics to create inclusive communities. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role in the creation of citizen cities.
We are a mid-sized studio with a diverse, collaborative and talented team of 60+ individuals from over 30 countries. We are values driven and proud of our studio culture which has garnered recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2020. At Henriquez you will find career growth, professional engagement through research and innovation…and of course, time to have fun!
Recognized as a “Design Firm to Watch” on Architizer’s A+List for the second year running, we are now looking to expand our team with a Director of Business Development.
We offer flexible remote working abilities from within Canada and Globally.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
We are looking for a seasoned professional with 10+ years of architectural experience and over 7+ years working in a senior business development role within a design-oriented architecture studio. As part of the studio’s leadership team, you will work closely with Principals, Directors and Associates to develop and implement strategic business plans that establish goals, identify key strategic issues to be addressed, and set objectives for the studio. You will be responsible for ensuring that all strategic and business developments are addressed in the plan and create networking relationships with local developers, architects, municipalities, potential partners and gain introductions to planning and other regulatory agencies in targeted metropolitan areas in Canada, the United States and/or Internationally. As a recognized leader in the field of architecture, you will initiate contact with prospective clients related to RFPs/RFIs for development opportunities, to understand selection criteria and to analyze how best to position the studio. You will have experience in complex urban-orientated mixed-use projects, institutional projects, civic projects, and knowledge in all phases from schematic design to construction administration to help manage architectural projects concurrently when required.
EXCELLENCE AT HENRIQUEZ MEANS…
• You approach situations with innovation and creativity.
• You understand the importance of details but are also a visionary.
• You rise to challenges and view them as opportunities and motivation.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and focus on the path forward.
• You wonder about the future of Architecture and are eager to make an impact.
• You are a self-starter who also thrives in a collaborative work environment.
• You are naturally curious and ask questions to continually learn and develop.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Professional Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Architecture.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills; experience with RFPs, RFQs, EOIs.
• Lead presentations to clients, public hearings, community meetings, conferences and lectures.
• Meaningful understanding of the development process and proformas.
• Familiarity with Public Sector protocols for funding, approvals and procurement process.
• Up-to-date knowledge and understanding on the latest industry developments and competitors yet not be limited by them.
• A proven track record of managing multiple projects concurrently and maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
• Ability to create innovative ideas in collaboration with others and independently.
• High emotional intelligence, people skills and networking ability.
IS THIS YOU?
To learn more about our studio we encourage you to visit our website and if you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Thank you in advance for your response, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.