The Director, Interior Design will oversee Interior Design for PBK. The Director will interface regularly with clients during the design process for educational, healthcare and large scale corporate facilities. The Director will be “hands-on” designing, drawing and sketching and will oversee the preparation of design presentation drawings. The Director must have the ability to create design concepts and continue the development through all design phases. The Director must work effectively as a staff mentor and have the ability to develop junior personnel. The Director will have extremely strong inter-personal skills, strong graphics skills, be an effective presenter of ideas and concepts, possess in-depth knowledge of interior finishes and trends and be passionate about client service. Aggressive, client oriented personalities with an aptitude for progressive design will succeed in this position.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience.
- Must have at least a Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design (must be FIDER accredited).
- Must be a Registered Interior Designer (NCDIQ) or Architect (NCARB).
- LEED AP preferred.
- Corporate, Educational and/or Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong devotion to customer service.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors.
- Must be quality minded and self motivated.
Please submit your design portfolio along with your resume when applying.
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within our progressive architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
PBK is an award winning architectural, engineering and consulting firm that has been a leader in the design industry for 30 years. PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”