Our office of Innovation, is looking to bring aboard a seasoned Director, Sales and Marketing for our space and asset management products. The successful individual will have previous experience building a sales team from scratch (ideally in a start-up environment) and will have previous success developing and implementing strong marketing and sales strategies from the ground up. This is a highly strategic position that will require strong managerial experience with a deep background in SaaS sales and marketing experience. While, ideally, the successful candidate will work out of our San Francisco office, the location of this role is flexible (within the US; ideally the Bay area) and will offer opportunity to work remotely from time to time.
A Little About Our Product:
INFORM and its other related products are extremely user-friendly and intuitive applications (web and mobile) used for space and asset management, room booking, occupancy tracking and providing insights using IOT data. Our product offers both a 2D and 3D interface and works with iOT sensors to provide real-time data within office, institutional and commercial spaces.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
Sales and Business Development
- Establish and foster a successful sales team tasked to market IBI’s SaaS products including but not limited to Inform
- Establish and deliver product(s) vision and strategic roadmap; provide leadership to ensure product remains ahead of market and valuable to users
- Establish and build partnerships with internal stakeholders and senior leadership – to align on corporate vision, objectives and priorities
- Develop and provide oversight of line of business strategy, technical direction, and marketing aspects of the product portfolio
- Define clear success metrics and provide necessary expertise and support to your sales team to achieve goals and sell the product
- Communicate and collaborate with Leaders from multiple disciplines
- Analyses of product and customer requirements; conceptualization of requirements into product features; use case definition
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for appropriate product related inquiries
- Create and maintain the business plan including pricing
- Discover and validate market problems that apply to both existing and future clients
- Prepare a sales pitchbook and setup processes and systems for online as well as off-line sales channel
- Effectively and accurately manage sales pipeline while calling new prospects on a daily basis to capitalize on all new business opportunities and aggressively expand the business.
- Monitor and report sales activity within Salesforce CRM on a daily basis to facilitate a streamlined sales process
- Provide creative input and strategy in order to target marketing of new business within territory with a growth-oriented mindset
- Successfully understand the prospect’s needs and be able to effectively articulate and position a solution
- Provide oversight and senior direction in managing the sales process including executive level engagement and sales negotiations
- Excel in leadership through collaboration with territory team members to ensure efficiency and share ideas and motivate the team to strive to exceed their sales quotas.
- Review pipeline and strategies with Product Managers and Sales Team regularly to maximize revenue
- Develop and execute a marketing plan to support our product and service offerings
- Give strategic input and leadership in developing compelling product messaging & positioning, competitive differentiation, & story-lines through strong marketing collateral, content development, training materials, visually compelling pitch decks, & other sales methods; assist with refining the company’s product positioning and messaging across core offerings
- Oversee the research, packaging & delivery of competitive intel and market trends for the sales team
- Create and lead an annual product marketing plan.