Gensler is currently seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Graphic Designer to join our team in Atlanta. This mid-level role is not only a hands-on designer, but also a project leader, thinker, design advocate and client relationship steward for projects and relationship-building shared across our region. You must love to push new ideas, be passionate about design and get excited about managing diverse projects and working with extremely talented creative leaders.
As an Environmental Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for leading design and collaborating with fast-paced interdisciplinary teams of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, illustrators, digital designers and more to deliver projects ranging from complex signage & wayfinding to digitally integrated experience centers. You will also demonstrate exceptional vision, oversee projects from conception to completion, and ensure successful project outcomes. Your work will span a diverse range of markets including healthcare, aviation, education, entertainment, hospitality, retail, sports, and workplace.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research for the organizational, cultural and physical context surrounding a project
- Synthesize research and insights to develop strategies that address a project’s specific needs
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and fabrication partners across multiple industries
- Lead and mentor design team on a day-to-day basis
- Generate multiple concepts and develop viable, documented design solutions that help solve a variety of problems for our clients
- Develop user analysis and hierarchal systems of sign types, messaging and communication strategies
- Integrate color, symbology, and typography into two and three-dimensional built environments
- Specify material, finishes and graphic standards for signage
- Prepare final documentation including message schedules, sign location plans and sign type drawings
- Together with Design Manager, oversees all project phases, including programming, Design,
- Design Intent, documentation, project samples, mock-ups, and fabrication/vendor coordination
- Understanding of all signage codes including ADA and fire / life safety codes
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, environmental design, architecture, visual communication, or related field
- Minimum 5-10 years professional experience in environmental graphic design, print/digital design, or similar studio experience, with 1-2 years leading creative teams and overseeing project work
- Strong leadership, organization, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills that work well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills; writing skills a definite advantage
- Strong time management and organization skills are imperative to juggle multiple tasks, clients, and resources
- Experience with planning, documentation and management of environmental graphic, wayfinding and signage projects in the context of the built environment
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), MS Office
- Familiarity with architectural construction documents, scales, sections, plans and elevations; proficiency in drawing in scale
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp or other 3D modeling programs a plus
Please submit, along with online application, a personal portfolio that contains examples of project work that highlights your creative process from concept to final deliverables.