EVOQ is a recognized leader in heritage conservation and architecture in Inuit and First Nations communities. They are looking for an architect who values collaboration and communication, is a problem solver, highly motivated and organized.
- Produce, manage and coordinate aspects of architectural projects through all their phases: preparatory studies, exploratory openings, field surveys, reporting and documentation, planning, concept, design, contract documents (plans and specifications), budgeting, scheduling, tender, site review, contract administration and project close-out;
- Manage communications and relationships with team members, clients and external consultants throughout all project phases including attending, leading and minuting meetings;
- Participate in contract administration including site reviews, field reports, shop drawing and mock-up reviews, site instructions, etc.;
- Coordinate activities of consultants and team members;
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other project participants;
- Author reports and assessments;
- Participate in the firm quality control processes throughout all project phases;
- Participate in the writing and preparation of proposals.
- Registered Architect in ON (active member of the OAA);
- At least 10 years of work-related experience in report and contract document production, in site review and contract administration;
- Computer skills: Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat; and familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign,;
- Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications;
- Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing; Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Work location: Toronto (St Lawrence Neighbourhood)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A full range of benefits
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- An employee training and continuing education program.
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com