Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Design Exchange, a not-for-profit museum funded by its members and donors, is Canada’s only museum dedicated exclusively to the pursuit of design excellence and preservation of design heritage. At the crossroads of multiple disciplines, from furniture and architecture to graphics and fashion, our exhibitions, talks, workshops, and youth education programs are curated to reflect the popular zeitgeist and contemporary culture while demonstrating the relevance and importance of design to everyday life. We are committed to delivering accessible design experiences and education and we aim to provide the tools necessary to connect design learning to the ordinary and extraordinary.
Design Exchange is seeking to fill the full-time position of Executive Assistant who will provide administrative services to the President + CEO and provide financial, human resource, office management, and development support services. The Executive Assistant will report to the President, work closely with full-time members of the DX team and outside service agencies, and manage part-time staff, interns, and volunteers.
- A passion for the mandate and work of DX and strong knowledge of the design sector is an asset.
- Related post-secondary degree / diploma and a minimum of four years of related experience, ideally in the design, private-sector and / or socially innovative not-for-profit sectors.
- Strong working knowledge of Apple computers, and is proficient in Microsoft Office such as Word / Excel / PowerPoint, using Google apps.
- Strong experience supporting Senior Management including calendar management, prepping for meetings, taking minutes, prepping letters and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to manage, prioritize and adapt to multiple and changing priorities and works well under pressure
- Detail oriented.
- A positive attitude, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and can juggle many projects simultaneously.
- Takes initiative to think ahead and takes ownership to complete tasks on time.
- Working in festivals, writing grant applications, and supporting and coordinating fundraising events is an asset.
- Provide Executive Assistant services to Shauna Levy, President + CEO primarily involving, but not limited to, organizing meetings and travel, updating contact lists, researching contacts and topics as requested, personal expense & credit card administration, and working on specific fundraising and marketing projects, taking minutes.
- Liaise with granting agencies & foundations and prepare and submit government grant and foundation applications.
- Provide limited financial clerk tasks to ensure adequate separation of duties within our small team.
- Assist with some human resource administration and manage volunteers.
- Provide office administration services including security administration, telecommunications administration, and printer supplies / maintenance.
- Assist with corporate sponsorship & membership administration.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time and as are consistent with a small team within a design museum.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume with salary expectations quoted to Job ID 20180802EA in your subject line to [email protected].