Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
MOCA Toronto reopened in its new 55,000 square foot home in the Junction Triangle on September 22, 2018. Under the leadership of Executive Director and CEO, Heidi Reitmaier, the new MOCA Toronto is a place of conversation, exchange and exploration where visitors of all ages and backgrounds can be part of a global creative moment.
MOCA welcomes visitors to three phases of exhibitions a year featuring work from Canadian and world-recognized artists that explores the themes of our time. Located on Sterling Road, in the culturally rich Junction Triangle community, the museum is housed on the first five floors of the historic Tower Automotive Building, a former aluminium factory known for its unique architecture.
The evolution of the Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada is made possible through a unique alliance with Castle Point Greybrook Sterling Inc., public sector funders, private donors, members, sponsors and a network of cross-sectoral partners.
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager will administer the executive office by providing support to the CEO and the Board of Directors. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the executive office and will be responsible for managing key external relationships on behalf of the CEO and the Board.
The Executive Assistant and Office Manager works with highly sensitive and confidential information from internal and external sources and must display a high standard of professionalism and initiative. This position calls for independent decision making within a delegated area of authority and for the exercise of leadership in the coordination of support services to ensure the smooth operation of MOCA’s office.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual with a passion for contemporary art to become part of the Museum’s growing team.
Responsibilities to the Board of Directors and its Committees
- Lead the portfolio that encompasses management and orientation of senior-level Board and Committee volunteers;
- Serve as principal liaison between the senior management and Board members as it relates to the administration of Board governance issues;
- Coordinate Board and Committee meetings (for seven standing Committees of the Board), including preparing meeting minutes, pre-meeting packages, and correspondence;
- Act as the Corporate Secretary at Board and Committee meetings;
- Manage Board and Committee lists, contact information and reports, and maintain and update Board and MOCA files and archives;
- Liaising with legal counsel regarding corporate changes effected by the Board of Directors;
- Involvement in committee work acting in a capacity of membership/recording Administrator depending on need; and
- Oversee and execute on special projects as assigned by the CEO, the Board or its Committees.
Supporting the CEO
- The Executive Assistant and Office Manager is a key resource and continuously communicates and liaises on behalf of MOCA and the CEO’s office with volunteers, committee members, donors, sponsors and other staff/managers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review daily correspondence, including emails; prioritize correspondence for CEO’s review and attention; provide follow-up as needed.
- Calendar maintenance taking into account frequent changes and other reprioritization and ensuring all changes are timely and seamlessly integrated.
- Lead the preparation, proofreading and editing of all correspondence issued by the CEO, as well as that submitted by other departments for CEO’s signature.
- Track CEO expenses and prepare expense reports for Board approval; book Staff Directors’ and CEO travel and assist with travel planning.
- Meeting scheduling and preparation;
- Assisting to manage relationships with certain vendors to the executive office; and
- Acting as a contact for community partners and external officials in certain circumstances.
- Acting as the office manager, including taking a lead role in understanding and applying MOCA’s operations and HR policies;
- Internal event and meeting planning;
- Certain finance-related functions, as directed by the Director of Finance and Administration;
- Budget monitoring and maintenance in specific areas on behalf of the CEO;
- Directing, supervising and delegating work to interns and summer students from time to time;
- Contact management and database administration;
- Other administrative tasks and duties as required.
- Post-secondary education required.
- 2-3 years of experience providing administrative support to a senior executive or an executive team and a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of NFP/Charitable organization governance is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with diplomacy, discretion, and tact.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Availability to work outside normal business hours to attend meetings/functions from time to time.
- Interest in/knowledge of the visual arts.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, sound judgment and a keen interest in the mission of MOCA.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and current CV as one document in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada advocates equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Closing date: November 16th, 2018