Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
RSP is an established, full-service architectural and design firm. We offer architecture, planning, space planning, interior design and technical services for both new structures and adaptive re-use projects. On occasion, our services will include offering our Clients an on-going set of Facilities Planning and Design services; acting as a seamless extension of their corporate planning and design staff. Such is the case with this position.
We are seeking a Facilities Planner and Designer that will be based on-site at the Client’s corporate offices in Chicago, Illinois. Primary duties will include coordinating and/or overseeing internal programming, planning, design and construction/move coordination projects at the Client’s facility in Chicago, Illinois. Occasionally duties may expand to include assisting in planning and design efforts at other facilities located in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. Candidate would be working as part of an established corporate Facilities Planning, Design and Management staff.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assisting in overseeing internal move coordination duties as required
- Communicating between: Client; RSP Principal-in-Charge; in-house construction trades; and furniture vendors
- Working directly with the Client to establish and develop planning and design concepts
- Providing Facilities Programming and Planning support services as needed within any other Client properties
- Developing drawings and related project documentation from Schematic Design through Design Development
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong skills in AutoCAD
- Ability to prepare quick, manually sketched-to-scale, conceptual floor plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and Outlook
- Possess a keen awareness regarding the components required to deliver innovative, yet realistic developed design solutions that satisfy our Client’s stated functional, visual, and financial goals
- A “self-starter” – one that takes the initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working both within groups, and in one-on-one environments
- Demonstrates successful problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture required
- Facilities Management training preferred
- Experience working within a commercial office environment as a Facilities Planner preferred
- Familiarity with minor interior construction preferred
- Systems furniture and systems installations preferred
IMPORTANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Please combine cover letter and resume into a single PDF or Word document before uploading in the “Attach Resume” section. Attachment size can be up to 10MB in size. If your uploaded document is larger than 10MB, a link to your portfolio/work sample is preferred.