Yabu Pushelberg, an award-winning multi-disciplinary design Firm that specializes in the design of high-end hospitality and retail design is currently seeking an Industrial/Furniture Designer for its Toronto Studio.
As the Industrial/Furniture Designer you will assist in the development of furniture, fixtures and products.
- Sketching, rapid computer modeling and rendering of specific pieces in coordination with Design Teams
- Flush out and refine approved pieces from concept and schematic phase
- Producing and assembling complete buildable drawings of selected furniture for presentation, prototyping and production
- Work with Project Management in the development of budgets
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Degree or Diploma in Industrial Design or Furniture Design
- Previous experience in luxury hospitality and retail environments is an asset
- Proficient in 3D modeling software: SolidWorks or Rhino; knowledge of associated rendering packages and/or plug-ins
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong sketching ability, visualization skills and a keen sense of proportion
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, materials and techniques
- Hands-on experience building furniture and products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active and able to work effectively alone and in a team environment
- Able to work well under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines
Please send your resume and portfolio for consideration to: email@example.com. Resumes not accompanied by a portfolio will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.