Teknion is hiring a full-time Graphic Communication Specialist for our North York, ON head office. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, team and detail-oriented individual accountable for the development or maintenance of communication tools, including: graphics, social media posts, presentations, advertisements, print collateral, user interfaces, email blasts, videos and animations, etc. The Graphic Communication Specialist is responsible for the on-time production, development and completion of assigned projects following their project specific schedule(s).
- Develop new and sustain existing communication materials while maintaining the quality and integrity of all Corporate Marketing materials ensuring: all information is accurate, current and consistent with all other Corporate Marketing materials and consistent with the identities of Teknion’s brands.
- Follow project specific schedules and deadlines as determined by the Senior Manager, Digital Corporate Marketing. Contribute to the co-ordination of project components to ensure all timelines and launch dates are met for assigned Corporate Marketing initiatives/projects.
- Contribute content and help develop the weekly social media calendar, for all brands, to meet the objectives of Corporate Marketing and its contributing stakeholders.
- Upload, tag, and coordinate content using the Digital Assets Management System.
- Publish to Teknion Websites using the Content Management System.
- Contribute to the management of online libraries.
- Edit and format various communication pieces using Creative Adobe Suite for use in print, email, presentations, web, apps, video, graphics, and other digital media.
- Assess and correct the accuracy and consistency in the phrasing of all product information and marketing communications provided. Recommend additional or edited text if required, to ensure accurate information is communicated in all published material.
- Test and adopt new media/technologies to evolve the quality and style of materials output to support product marketing.
- Train others, prepare instructional material or create templates to preserve branding standards and maintain Teknion’s design-driven user experience.
- Participate in video and photography shoots to support the launch of company initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Portfolio of work must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered
- Post secondary education or 2-3 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent computer and technical skills including expertise of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite (Google Apps)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with eye for typography and graphic standards
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and work well under time-sensitive deadlines
- Open to learning, testing, adopting and training others on new media types and software
Teknion is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
By applying for a position with Teknion, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Teknion’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, credit check and criminal check. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position