Aecon is well-positioned in the Canadian marketplace as an industry leader in the development and construction of infrastructure. We have a roster of ongoing major projects here and abroad, record backlog diversified across multiple sectors and duration, and a robust pipeline of future project pursuits. We are in a strong market position, but we are ultimately aiming higher.
Based out of Aecon’s Toronto head office, the Corporate Communications and Marketing Team produces compelling digital and print content to inform, engage, and inspire the people of Aecon. With multiple offices and sites across the company, keeping everybody up to date in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment is a huge challenge – and we thrive on it! We also lead the way when it comes to the Aecon brand, developing marketing collateral – digital assets, videos, infographics, brochures, proposals and presentations, custom event and JV branding, ads, SWAG and more – for both internal and external clients. And when it’s event time, this is the go-to team for conference and event logistics, making it happen for corporate functions of all sizes and scopes, from executive leadership meetings to fun team celebrations.
If you’re a Creative Graphic Designer looking to develop your experience and skill set as part of a multi-faceted, cross-functional team then we’d love to hear from you!
Reporting to Aecon’s Corporate Communications Manager and working side-by-side with the mentorship and guidance of our Design Lead, you will develop and produce a range of print and digital assets for a wide variety of internal and external marketing communication initiatives.
Specifically, your Day-to-day Will Involve
- Creating conceptual designs for various marketing collateral in keeping with Aecon’s Brand Guidelines and preparing files for print production
- Working simultaneously on multiple projects and meeting all project/submission deadlines
- Collaborating with team members and internal clients to articulate and execute designs
- Understanding and interpreting high-level business and commercial concepts/objectives to develop suitable creative graphics for internal or client-facing documents and presentations
- Contributing to organizational learnings and process improvement
- Researching innovative design ideas and staying on top of new channels/digital social trends
Required Knowledge and Experience
You’re a self starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment by consistently rising to the creative challenge under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations!
- Graphic Design diploma or degree (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of related brand design experience from an agency or in-house design environment
- Trained eye for detail, colour, typography and layout
- Strong proficiency in Adobe CC (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop – After Effects experience considered an asset)
- Strong understanding of print production requirements
- Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate design ideas with external vendors and internal teams
- Ability to maintain a highly organized workflow
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to express complex, technical concepts in audience-appropriate terms
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment and be receptive to creative direction
- Illustration skills and/or ability to created animated GIFs considered a distinct advantage
- RGD membership/affiliation considered an asset
- A portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with excellent use of typography, composition and image selection
- Mandatory: MUST love Pantone 186!
Show Us What You Can Do
We would love to see the work you’re most proud of! Be sure to share a link to your online portfolio or include samples of current or past projects that best demonstrate your creativity and ability to problem-solve through design.