Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
This is a professional position on the Brand & Creative team responsible for providing graphic design and creative services support to the department and the organization. The primary function of this position is to deliver high quality design services for AIA in compliance with approved Institute branding and identity guidelines while achieving consistency and excellence in all visual communications. The Graphic Designer will be an integral part of the design process and develop innovative marketing solutions for internal clients within given budgets, meet deadlines, and assist in maintaining and enhancing AIA’s brand. This position reports to the Senior Director, Brand & Creative.
- Interpret client’s needs and the creative brief to design solutions with high visual impact.
- Develop and present design concepts and strategies that solve design challenges while aligning with AIA’s brand and graphic identity.
- Concept and layout for a variety of assets including brochures, emails, postcards, digital ads, expo booths, signs, etc.
- Apply existing concepts to new assets in a manner consistent with the concept and AIA brand.
- Assist in developing deliverables for trade shows including but not limited to graphics, space layout, programming, and cross-team collaboration.
- Implement the conceptual and stylistic direction for design projects and see them through their completion for a wide variety of projects, including but not limited to direct mail, print ads, online ads, reports, exhibitions, product packaging.
- Confer and interface with Brand & Creative team throughout the design/production process
- Assist staff, component executives, and volunteer leaders to maintain compliance with the AIA brand and graphic identity.
- Support brand consistency through all print and digital marketing efforts, with a focus on positioning AIA as a modern, relevant, and bold leader.
- Ensure brand consistency with non-marketing created collateral.
- Prepare files for printing/publishing/manufacturing.
- Coordinate with vendors and contribute oversight to production process.
- Proof projects before going to print.
- Strong knowledge of graphic design principles and production methods for both print and online media.
- Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work across assignments, multiple deadlines, and shifting priorities for multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Manage multiple priorities with limited supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Knowledge and experience with CSS, HTML, Java, and various content management systems desired.
- Ability to work in both PC and MAC environments.
- Must have a collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Remain abreast of technological advances.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design preferred with five years or more of relevant experience.